You just turn your back for a moment, take your eye off the ball and it happens again. There I was minding my own business when someone sneaked another award in. This time it’s a liebster but at least I was given the option of colour just to define my masculinity though that may be in question again when I answer one of the accompanying questions.
Firstly The Award itself..
Then The Presenter. The generous Vikki Thompson of The View Outside http://the-view-outside.com/2013/06/26/an-avalanche-of-awards/ Thanks so much Vikki. As with all things in life there are certain rules to be followed so I’ll start with the obvious first one and say Thanks Vikki for thinking of me for this award when there are so many fantastic bloggers out there.
Second, I’m to post 11 random facts about myself and to be honest I’m not sure there are that many left after having done so many with other awards so forgive me if I get a little creative here. I’ll let you sort fact from fiction.
1. I once played Longinus in a BBC Radio Manchester play. I had to give him a broad Welsh accent.
2. When I’m feeling lazy I have Titterton’s Pies fed intravenously.
3. My Pet Rats were all named after the females in The Big Bang Theory. Penny, Amy, Priya and Bernie ( my favourite- Rat that is)
4. Most of my socks have the Welsh Dragon on them. (Y Ddraig Goch)
5. Other than the writing and editing of my books I’ve never read them. ( I know most of you can say the same too).
6. I won Buckingham Palace off Prince Charles in a game of Backgammon.
7. I own One Square Foot of Land in a Scottish Forest.
8. My daughter is a changeling and the real one is off with the fairies somewhere.
9. I have a great Walking Stick collection despite only using crutches.
10. I have known my best friend for nigh on 40 years and he still says he wouldn’t trust me with his sister.
11. I have been conned by more sob stories than most people have hot dinners.
Next. Answer 11 Questions.
1. What’s your most embarrassing moment? Standing next to my sister when she asked for ‘Some of those Durex batteries’ in a large Boot’s store quite loudly.
2. When’s the last time you sent or received flowers? I received flowers for fathers day. I buy fresh flowers each week for my wife.
3. Have you ever sought revenge? Of course.
4. What’s your greatest personal strength? Generosity of spirit ( cos’ I’m mean with my money)
5. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done (has to be different from number 1 lol)? Bought a new fridge when the old one was only turned off at the safety switch and not broken.( I didn’t know it had one)
6. Who’s the most famous person you’ve met? Prince Charles ( He’s very nice by the way).
8. What do you collect? Walking sticks and waistcoats ( vests for our American friends).
9. Favourite all time song? Very hard, this morning it’s Kiss and say Goodbye by the Manhattans.
10. Favourite ice cream flavour? Don’t faint but I don’t actually care for ice cream much. A few years ago Mars did a special dark chocolate Choc Ice called ( I think) Dark and Golden. It was wonderful.
11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? No question, Titterton’s Pies.
Lastly. Award the Liebster to 11 Bloggers ( or less) I find deserving and pass the questions on to them, and notify them. I think at this time in the morning I’d struggle to come up with 11 off hand so I’ll just go with what I’ve got.
1. The Wonderful ACFlory at Meeka’s Mind http://acflory.wordpress.com/
3. Michael Beyer at http://catchafallingstarbook.wordpress.com/
4. A fantastic travelogue http://eastofmalaga.net/
5. Billy Ray Chitwood http://thefinalcurtain1.wordpress.com/
6.Caroline and Tina http://areadersreviewblog.com/
7. Jacqueline King http://taoofscrumble.wordpress.com/ ex of Wightrabbit.
8.Jason K Lewis http://jasonklewiswriter.wordpress.com/
That will have to do for now folks or my ironing won’t get done…
Late additions while the Iron heats up.
9. Patricia Carrigan AKA Spidey http://patriciacarrigan.com/
10. Shawn Bird http://shawnbird.com/
11. Judith Baxter http://growingyoungereachday.wordpress.com/