Yet again I’ve been caught on the hop this week by the kindness of one of my fellow Bloggers. Barbara of My Un-Puzzled Heart ( http://barbmca.wordpress.com/ ) saw fit to honour me with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I can only say thanks so much Barbara- you must have been desperate.
The award ( above ) comes with the usual rules and regs some of which I’m afraid I have to bend if not break in the interests of not boring you poor readers to death.#
I’ve fulfilled the first condition which is to thank my sponsor and link back to their blog. This I have done gladly. Secondly I must post the award to my blog- Done. Following that I must write a post about the award, tell you 7 things about myself and finally nominate 15 other blogs deserving of this award. The post is a here and now hing and t a rough guess you’re about half way through unless I choose to write a lot quicker to speed things up for you.
1. Yesterday I had two meals out despite forgetting to take my diabetic medication with me. I had to pretend to take it or face ridicule ( again) about my memory.
2. I bore no resemblance to either parent and would have been accused of being a changeling ( amongst other things) had I not all the characteristics of my maternal grandmother’s, father’s line. ( go on, see how long it takes you to work that out- it took me long enough).
3. I was the middle child of three and hereby claim the right to say that’s why I’m twisted and warped. My sister being the first child was spoiled and when I came along didn’t like me ( such good taste). My brother being the youngest was spoiled, even by my sister who had by then adjusted to not being an only child. Sob’
4. I’ve decided that should I kill myself I’m going to do so by eating smoked haddock which is the only fish dish I think smells amazing but I’m no less allergic to.
5. I never learned to add up ‘pence to pounds’ in columns as a child and preferred ‘pounds to pence’ which I still often do.
6. My wife said I made the best sweet short pastry she’s ever had. I think it was just an excuse to force me to make the mince pies at Christmas.
7. It’s 10.05 am and my ‘bro’ Mike is still in bed 5 hours after I got up. I think a cup of water is levitating in his direction and I don’t know where it’s come from. Oops !
Now for the part I like but find most difficult, choosing nominations. I’m only going to choose 5 instead of the 15 I should but please don’t take it that there aren’t many more deserving ones out there. There are, but laziness and time constraints win out today.
1. Rarasaur http://rarasaur.wordpress.com/
2. Shawn Bird, poet and writer. http://shawnbird.com/2010/11/24/trus/
3. Marylin Warner of ‘Things I want to tell my Mother’ http://warnerwriting.wordpress.com/
4. Jennifer Scoullar http://jenniferscoullar.com/
5. Mark Moore- for the budding artists among you http://theartstudiobymarkmoore.me/2013/07/06/justice-served/
I hope they’ll each accept their nomination and join in but Please folks don’t feel obliged, I know how time consuming it can be.
A nice weekend to you all.