Hey Ho Skip to the Loo, The Card Sharks Circle & My Home, The Manure Farm.

Sunday. I stopped reading last night and turned the light out about 1.00 am. Suddenly all the Fanta Orange ( sugar free) I’d been drinking came back to haunt me. On went the light again ( lesson learned ) and I nipped to the loo. When I got back m mouth was dry so I opened another can, Pepsi Max this time and had a little chug before trying to settle again. It seemed to take a while. When I next woke to nip to the loo I wasn’t impressed that it was still dark except for the light from my clock that told me it was 4.18 am. I went to the loo and by the time I returned I was wide awake. I turned the computer on and checked the lottery which just resulted in me throwing the ticket away in disgust and going to my post box. As usual there were quite a few responses to the blog. I’d been anxious to see how people felt about me taking up the banner again instead of trying to entertain. I’m glad that so many people felt / feel the way I do about certain things and are happy that I include them. Thank you all !

At 7.05 am I went through to have some breakfast and run through the normal morning routines. I can still see one of my assassins moving about but he just doesn’t seem to have the right idea. He’s supposed to move towards snails not away from them. Eating food off the bottom of the tank is supposed to be last resort not a table in a 4 star restaurant. I’m thinking of putting posters up on the glass but facing inwards saying ‘Please eat the Snails’ but I’m afraid my fish may take up the challenge and eat the wrong one ( I still can’t see the other). After breakfast and playtime I lay on the bed and got 55 minutes sleep. I wanted an hour but it wouldn’t let me. Back to work reading personal mail and some marvelous posts by other people. One such educated me to the fact that we have a major bee shortage. It may sound a bit funny, but it seems the crisis is serious because we rely on bees to pollinate so much from trees, to shrubs to plants. Without them the plant life is not replenished which is serious news for us. It seems the most likely cause is pesticide or more accurately too much pesticide. We’re spraying crops with the very thing that kills the bees that keep our plants going. Now that’s IRONY.

I worked till just before 11.00 am then had a break in the lounge. By 12.00 pm I was getting peckish and decided to think about lunch. I settled on a boil in the bag beef slices and some microchips. It tasted so much better than it looked. As I’d been up to date before lunch I decided to stay in my chair and enjoy a Sunday film. After an hour or so I decided I couldn’t settle and went back to work for a while.As soon as I was up to date I went to watch some Chariots of Fire and then Rush Hour 2 which was funnier than expected. At 9.00 pm I turned the set off and decided to call it a night. I’ve dome the mail and done the blog so now it’s time to sign off with a little music.

Monday. You’re going to find me very boring today as I didn’t leave the house so maybe if I say I got up, worked, saw to fish, breakfasted and took my coffee back to work we can skip a fair bit. If we also say my time was divided between work and doing the washing until lunchtime. I had bacon and beans with two of my baps which was lovely then I managed half an hours nap. I woke to a message from Tariq which said the Ivy was missing me. I wish I could get there to have a meal and take their sweets. Still, Mike will be back in two weeks I hope.

The rest of the afternoon was work or TV until my Law and Order at 6.00 pm. Then everything stops for tea. I had a bag of crisps and two small chocolate mousses while I was watching it. Then I was able to tun over and watch To Sir With Love with Sidney Poitier whom I rate as one of the greatest actors of his generation. The film is worth watching just for the fashion alone, and in all fairness though the accents weren’t fantastic ( especially Lulu) the East End of London was portrayed pretty fairly. The school of hard knocks was pretty common.

After the film I turned the TV off to concentrate on my mail which never takes long to build up. Tonight I’ve every intention of getting an early night ready to meet Yvonne in the morning provided I feel OK and the weather holds. I hope you’re not finding the musical choices too much. I’m choosing to do a few so that you have options since my taste won’t suit everybody. I do hope though that you find some that will just bring back memories of where you were and what you were doing at the time……..for those of you as old as me anyway. For you youngsters out there, maybe these will be brand new which is great, or perhaps you heard them played on some radio show for memories. So here are tonight’s, and we’ve almost run out of my favourites list.

Tuesday. Tuesday dawned early, somewhat before 5.00 am and I wasn’t a happy bunny. I was mid-dream between myself and an attractive woman ( I did say it was a dream, they don’t have to behave normally in dreams) it had just reached a crucial juncture  and I woke up shouting ” Yes, take them all off and I’ll show you how to use the washing machine.” Even in dreams I’m not lucky. There was no point in being in bed alone so I got up, switched the computer and the light on and went for a wee. Obviously that took a while with the inevitable stop-starts that come with age but also because I was having problems pointing downwards after the dream. I did mention she was attractive didn’t I? The computer was good to go when I got back but when I signed into messages I almost died. There were over 200. It turned out that many of them were duplicates of a ’cause’ one that I’d already had. Tonight I had an apology for the glitch in their system. They were nearly of a manslaughter charge.

I had every intent of going out today but when I went through to see to the fish and have breakfast at 7.00 am I had a message on my phone from Yvonne to say she wasn’t well and was going back to bed until the doctor came. I love my daughter but I have to admit I was relieved….not that she was ill of course, just   that I didn’t have to travel alone. Ugo was taking the day off to look after her and Reuben. She’s been very sick and had blacked out first thing, Ugo had only partly caught her before she landed on her nose. I was tense until the doctor had been and diagnosed  a trapped nerve in the neck that affected the blood supply too. Relief….even though it could take two or three days to clear.Yvonne thinks we should reschedule for Friday but I have blood tests that day. So anyway. I was able to slow down and there was no pressure to get dressed straight away. I could concentrate on clearing the mail and just clicking to delete all the duplicates. The problem with this situation is that I’m going stir crazy, I’m lonely and talking to myself even more than usual. Plus, as it got to lunchtime, I realise I never want to see another microwave cottage pie.

I managed a sleep this afternoon which must have been round the hour.The rest of the time was even more boring than that. I thought about buying some more Fruit of the Loom Teeshirts on ebay and putting things on the front and then I remembered that meant ironing and I already have loads of that. I made a list of birthday cards I need to buy as I have 5 more this month, that’s about as exciting as it gets. I caught up on emails and then had a couple of hours in front of the TV. I watched a programme called something like Storage Hunters where people bid on the contents of storage units that renters have defaulted on. There are some foul people out there who bid the price up just to see someone pay more than they needed to. I just hope what comes round, goes round.

Tonight I finish my favourites list off Youtube. I hope you’ve been enjoying my taste and the memories. No doubt I’ll drop some in sometimes as I think of them but for now………..

Wednesday. I lay in bed awake for an age this morning. I could not get my brain to shut down. It drifted from one inanity to the next without really focusing and I had to keep re-thinking until I had it straight. In the end I got up at 6.10 am and added Ricicles to my shopping list. It’s possible I might have some professional help this week if Yvonne comes over on Friday. It will depend on how she’s feeling of course, poor lamb. 

I turned the computer on and started in on the mail. I’ve come to the conclusion that Burkino Faso is full of banks . All the banks seem to have had clients with problems breathing and that it was fatal to multi-millionaires. Of course it goes without saying that there isn’t an honest manager in any of these banks yet they’re all extremely generous with the funds of the dear departed who regrettably had no family.Well, maybe they were too busy making money unless of course it had been given to them by generous bank managers. There was lots of normal post too. Before I finished I broke off for the fish and my meds. I tried to have 2 crumpets for breakfast but found that I really don’t enjoy them anymore. One was wasted and I had to have  a few cornflakes to top it off. I’m down to the crumbs almost.

I returned to work with my coffee and at 9.35 when I was up to date I dressed and went to Pauline’s. I remembered my baps, a magazine I needed for next week’s TV, 4 more birthday cards for nephews/nieces and my cigarettes but I was home again before I realised I’d forgotten the ricicles. Damn, it will have to be toast in the morning. For lunch I had some braised steak and mashed potatoes with two of my baps to soak up the gravy. I went straight back to work after that as I’d seen a programme I fancied at 3.15 pm. By 2.20 pm I was up to date again so I wen through to the lounge early and picked up a lemonade ice lolly on the way. I’d no sooner finished it than I nodded off but somehow managed to wake for my programme. From 5.00- 5.30 pm I watched a quiz then turned over for the end of a second one. I’d just started answering questions when I saw Dil and Matt approach. I shot into the kitchen to make their drinks and we finished the quiz together.

Games night started at 6.00 pm on the dot. It nearly ended at 6.35 when I lost the first game of scrabble but they persuaded me to play on by offering me a 50 point head start. I won the second game convincingly by at least 51 points. Feeling mollified I broke out the cards but Dil was obviously taking no prisoners and hammered me at Nomination Whist. You’d have heard the whining for miles if they hadn’t gagged me. We were now one game all. Out came the crib board and with a superb tactical display ( also known as cheating ) I won, but only just. There was time for one last game of crazy 8’s which may have been due to the fact I forgot all about making another drink after the scrabble. We decided just to play till one of us reached 200. Five hands in and the score was Matt 178, Dil 150, Me zilch. Hand 6 they made sure I wasn’t going to win with no points on the board  and did everything they could in a concerted effort to get me. They did and I ended on 62 points but at least I won the game. It was magic having their company, it was tragic they had to go, but once I’d made sure they couldn’t get back in and I hadn’t said Dil had forgotten his phone, I tidied up, washed the pots and came through to work. Unfair, 93 pieces of post since this afternoon and guess what, yes, Burkino Faso has two more crooked bankers. I hope you’ve all had  great day even though I know you won’t get to read this yet.x

Thursday. It wasn’t an early start today since I didn’t get up until 6.00 am and only had an hour on the computer before heading to the kitchen for the usual routine which you’ll remember on a Thursday includes doing my meds for the week. It would have gone an awful lot better if half of them had been there when I opened the drawer. The first box I came to was empty and a few more had a day or two’s supply in. I don’t know how I let it happen as a new prescription request should have gone in Monday. I don’t know if it was anything to do with the problems I had last week with the missing spray but it leaves me in a fix . At 9.00 am I dashed out ( I did get dressed first) and took the new request to the chemist. I probably won’t get the new one until Monday but they’ll try for tomorrow for me. I happen to know my Doctor is off on a Friday though. I did a little more work then decided I wanted to see my friends at the Ivy. I plucked up the courage to walk up there but chickened out ( cluck cluck) after five minutes standing there and other people came to the stop. I didn’t have my MP3 player. Back home again I realise I’m going through a lonely period. I also found out that I’d mislaid my outside tablets so it’s perhaps as well I didn’t go. I ended up making up another pill box with another 2 meal supply. I searched everywhere for the others and decided I must have left them somewhere the last time I was out with Yvonne. That gave me a clue and I remembered the last time I saw her it was raining. I checked the pockets of my raincoat and there it was.

I was sitting in the lounge and I saw an elderly neighbour pass the window. There was a knock on the door and sweet Dorothy passed me a bouquet of flowers for Julia. She told me she was away on Mothers day and then had a nasty fall that kept her in. It was so thoughtful of her to remember the anniversary like that but I felt so guilty that I hadn’t noticed she hadn’t been about and asked about her. It’s the result of not leaving the house very often and of becoming far too insular. Not a good thing. I’ll have to make it up to her. I found a vase for the flowers and put them with the other two vases Ju currently has. I hope I’ll be able to replace some of them this weekend.

Most of the day has been spend nipping between the lounge and the computer trying to keep up to date. Thursday brings me my new episode of Big Bang Theory at 8.00 pm then at 10.00 pm my new Person of Interest. I was aghast sitting there tonight to be told that they were showing two episodes but I couldn’t stay up watching till midnight and then be able to come back to blog and catch up with post. The sacrifices I’m prepared to make for my friends eh?                                                                                     Hopefully you’ve all had a better day than I’ve had but maybe we’ll all have a great one tomorrow.  Hugs all round.

Friday. It was a very lazy 6.05 am today. I even went and got washed and dressed before turning the computer on. I was so laid back I was almost horizontal. I took care of a few messages before going to turn the light on for the fish and I put milk in a mug before realising I hadn’t laid out any tablets to take. Instead, I poured most of it on some cornflakes and used the rest for my coffee. At 8.30 am I girded up my loins ( or lions when I’m dyslexic) and headed out the door for the bus. I made it just in time for the 8.40 am bus and was actually up in town at 8.45 am, a bit before expected. It took me a good 15 minutes to  walk as far as the doctors where I waited to see the receptionist. One I don’t know came towards me and I almost panicked but I was lucky that one who knows me stepped in. She knows not to try and get me to speak but knew I wasn’t there for an appointment or I’d have signed myself in. “Bloods” she asked and I nodded. She passed me the forms and I smiled at her and left. Just two minutes away is the hospital and I went straight to the waiting room though my appointment was for 9.35 am. A few people were called in turn and I was OK just waiting but at about 9.15 am the nurse came and announced a woman’s name.No response, another name, still no response and a third with the same result. 

“Is anyone here for bloods?” she asked the room in general. I would have remained sitting till my time had she not seen the form in my hands. She held out her hand for it just as another nurse came out and called my name. Whew, double shifts today. I was actually out of the hospital before I was due in. I walked back towards town fully intending to nip to a small shop for some lighters but as I approached town a bus appeared and with a slight increase in pace I made it and within 10 minutes was home and back at work. Safe in my little nest. I kept the mail as up to date as possible today as Yvonne was bringing Reuben. Maybe we’d go shopping, maybe not. It was just gone midday when she texted me to say she was on the bus. I knew she’d be here about 1.30 pm. At about twenty past I got my coat on to go and meet her from the bus to see what she wanted to do. Reuben was fast asleep in his pram. She explained he wasn’t very well and has been sick a few times up to breakfast- but not since- but that he now had an explosive stomach and needed changing. We just made it to the house when he woke up and greeted me with a smile.

Once inside she changed him and poor lamb was covered in it. Luckily she had a spare outfit. He came and sat with his pops and told me a right old story. Not a word of truth in it I’m sure. Within half an hour it happened again and off came the clean outfit. There were no more replacements so he had to sit in a nappy and his mum’s cardigan. He seemed quite chirpy in himself. He was obviously dehydrated and Yvonne decided to give him some milk though I favour boiled water. She was a little worried he hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast. I went to answer the door while she tried to tempt him with a little fruit puree. It was Dawn from the chemist with the drugs I’d requested yesterday. Within moments he’d thrown up all over his bib and the cardigan. I came back through and took the bib to flush the worst of it away and wash it clean. Not stressed at all as I didn’t want him to feel any tension. He sat back with a water based drink and demolished it while now wrapped in a blanket. Yvonne had to phone Ugo to ask him to come take them home. That was a good hour + journey in rush hour traffic. They left me about 6.15 pm I think. I had some tea that Ugo had kindly picked up on the way and then went to take a shower. I finished my evening by working out how to use catch up TV and found the episode of Person of Interest  I’d missed last night. I did my drugs for the week, took tonight’s and came through to find 93 messages waiting. Ouch. I’m never leaving this seat again.

Saturday. I repeated the 6.05 am today. Well, you just get stuck in a rut don’t you. A quick run to the bathroom and back and on with the show…….. I could only work until 7.00 am though. On went the fish tank light and the expectation of food turned to fin flicks of disgust when they became aware I wasn’t feeding them today. Having had my ‘supplier’ deliver my stash yesterday, I put the weeks drugs out and then took this mornings dose to get my daily ‘High’ before taking my coffee through. It was 7.20 am, time to get dressed and put on my shoes. By half past I was ready to go out the front door with some shopping bags and trailing the three recycling bags behind me. I dropped those and quickly pulled the two bins to the pick up point at the end of the path and was on my way. I caught the bus at 7.40 am and by 7.45 was at the supermarket. No-one at the cash machines- good, I reloaded my wallet. Then swiftly into battle in the near deserted shop. Flowers first, a nice bunch of red carnations  to fill in any little gaps in the vases. A quick sideways grab on the run netted me a punnet of strawberries and a little further on a left hand swipe got me two packets of my baps. I bought some cakes, but can you believe it they weren’t for me. Still on the run ( OK fast trot) it was butter, always my Lurpak and then milk. Some ready meals and change aisle please. I skirted the freezers as I wanted to go there last.

I avoided the picalilli as Yvonne caught me with two full jars and asked me what my fixation is. I did buy some malt vinegar though ( remember Prague, chips taste better with malt vinegar not balsamic which is disgusting on chips). I bought the latest DVD of the Hobbit but I won’t watch it until I have all three. Some biscuits, some pop, some ricicles for breakfast and I’m just about done except for the ice lollies. I raid the freezers and bulk buy. I should be OK till Monday now. Off to the checkout where a sympathetic assistant said she’s hold off until I’d unpacked so I could move the trolley along to pack the stuff. Ha, she got into a conversation with another member of staff and she’d finished scanning before I’d got the trolley ready. I made her wait for payment until I’d packed the bags. I was sweating a bit as I couldn’t see my friendly phone girl but as luck would have it, the lady on the lottery counter was someone Ju and I used to see a lot. She happily made my phone call for a taxi. I’d just got the stuff out and put the trolley away when it arrived, almost like it had been waiting round the corner. He must know I tip well. Before I could move anything or he could pick up a bag, someone placed a barrier between us. Some fool car company was having a sales drive on a discounted car and they were even backing the model up to the front of the taxi, and asking him to move. It’s possible there may have been a few words, one of which might have been patience whereas the other 99 made the hair in my ears crisp up and fall out. The barrier was moved and my stuff carried to the boot of the taxi as I climbed in.

At home it was the usual putting the shopping away. Then I took the cakes next door for Dorothy an her son before changing the dead flowers from my two vases and putting in the carnations. It wasn’t even 9.00 am. I went back to working on mail. One friend had asked about The Ivy and it hit me, heck I’d managed the bus once, why not again. I want to see my friends! At 10.00am I left the house with chocolates in a carrier bag and headed for the bus stop going the other way. I even called in at Pauline’s for cigarettes. Once I reached the bus stop I had time to try and dissuade myself from going. What if they’re busy, why should they be happy to see me, will they even have noticed I’m not there? Before I could go home the bus arrived. It was quite uncomfortable as the bust was fairly crowded and the disabled seats were taken. Awful as it sounds I has to sit on the aisle side of a double seat to stop anyone sitting beside me. It was quite a journey through some of the back lanes and small villages but eventually I rang the bell for my stop. I got off the bus shaking, lit a cigarette and started walking along the road to The Ivy. As I got there, I put the cigarette out then hesitated a minute or two outside the building. Steeling myself I went in. There were a few customers but no sign of any staff so I went to my usual table and started to divest myself of sticks and jacket. Tariq turned up behind me with a beaming smile and asked me how I got there. Was I with Michael? He was very surprised when I said I’d come by bus though I couldn’t really tell him how important The Ivy and my special friends are, which was why I’d chanced the bus. Then I saw Shell and spoke to her for a couple of minutes while Tariq made me a drink. The shaking started to subside.

I couldn’t decide between a late breakfast or an early lunch but bacon won the day. I took a tablet ready for it’s arrival. Tariq came over to chat frequently and even brought his laptop over to show me some things on ebay. Angie came on duty and I was able to speak to her for a few minutes. Like Tariq her interest seemed to be where Mike was so I understood he’s the main interest of everyone. Understandable really as he’s got such a quick humour.  I ate my breakfast then ordered a pot of tea. There were plenty more customers by now and I didn’t want to be in the way so I got ready to go. The usual fight with Tariq ensued about the bill and he came round from behind the counter to give me a hug goodbye and tied to stick money in my pocket. No way I was having that. I don’t want him to close down because they’re not making a profit. He saw me out of the building and across the busy coast road. I went to the bus stop but one flew past before I got there. No problem, the most I would wait is half an hour and I could smoke to calm the nerves. A large black car drew up and there was Shella  beckoning me to get in. Amazing, the dear heart had left the kitchen to run me home. I tried to refuse but she insisted. My home is quite a way from The Ivy but she didn’t seem to mind at all and ran me to the door.

The rest of the day has been work, TV and ice lollies.

A dedication to all the nice people in this world, especially my friends on t’interweb and at The Ivy, Temptations and Kassidy’s as well as those at Butterfly’s whom I don’t get to see anymore.

Reuben and friend

Reuben and friend

Best of Pals

Best of Pals


Filed under Uncategorized

60 responses to “Hey Ho Skip to the Loo, The Card Sharks Circle & My Home, The Manure Farm.

  1. “To Sir with Love” and “A Patch of Blue” both made huge impressions on me as a kid. Lucky for me, my parents were happy to “let the TV raise me” so I turned out strangely social conscious for a hillbilly. 🙂

    Maybe the little assassin is a peaceful soul.
    Mega-hugs to you and gorgeous Reuben,

  2. A lovely bunch of people down at the Ivy, people like that lift your spirits.

  3. I bet that everyone’s day brightens up when you come along. Your posts on here always make me smile, thank you David xoxox

  4. elusiveparticle

    Hello, I have some very important information for you, if you would, please share it with as many people as you can as soon as possible.


    • Hello. I’m sorry to have cut your piece on this page but it wasn’t really an appropriate place to post it. Since you obviously feel so strongly about the subject I’ve created a page accessible from the main screen called Well Water Warning.People will now be able to access your work directly.
      Thank you,

  5. LOVE these articles – they make my day 😀

  6. I can’t believe how brave you’ve been, David. For what it’s worth, I’m so proud you’re my friend. 🙂 -hugs-

  7. Lovely post as always. I feel a bit of a stalker reading your diary, I hope Reuben’s better. x

    • Thank you Elaine. You have to keep reading now though so I can claim to have a stalker. Poor Reuben isn’t any better yet and they’ve just been told to ‘ride it out’.It’s not my cooking honestly.
      xxx Massive Hugs xxx

  8. LOL on your dream! I never dream about handsome men, lucky you for finding a babe in dreamland! Bummer about being lonely, Mike is such a supporter for you, I know you must miss him something fierce. Proud of you for going to see your friends on your own! Hard hard thing to do. The Ivy is one of a kind, no American restaurant would treat you like that, to even bring you home by car! I am simply amazed at the kindness the Welsh constantly show in your posts. What a great country. Hope Reuben and mom are on the mend.

    • I don’t usually dream about gorgeous women and If I do it isn’t me that gets them.Reality soaks through to dreams too. Yes, Mike’s a great support, a great friend and good company and I do miss him.
      I’m shocked I actually made the journey and doubt I’d do it again so easily but my friends in all the places I like are special. The Ivy has just taken it to the Nth degree.
      I’m constantly surprised by the kindness shown to me, though I must say that to me, the Welsh are a real community, and that’s how we look at ourselves. Having said that neither Tariq nor Shella are Welsh but their attitude is the same. Wonderful people.
      Yvonne is very much on the mend but up to last night poor Reuben was still explosive. I hope today is better.
      xxx Huge Hugs Lori xxx

  9. Hahaha … skip to the loo! Those drinks really did come back to haunt you, didn’t they, David?

    Loved your song selections this week 🙂

    • They always do but my excuse is that I get so dry.
      I’m glad you like the song selection Marianne, I try to put in something to please everyone,
      xxx Massive Hugs xxx

  10. It’s good to see you made it to the Ivy. I’m sure they were very happy to see you. I also love ‘To Sir With Love’ and Lulu’s song (I agree on the accents comments and also dresses). I do like movies about schools…And I have sometimes watched the programme about the auctions. Always good fun trying to see if they’ve guessed right on the value…Hope you have a good week.

    • I hope they were pleased to see me anyway despite being without Mike. There have been some good movies about schools including some based on real teachers who created miracles with unruly pupils.
      I love the antiques programmes and do the same as you, guess the values and what period they come from.
      I hope you have a fantastic week wherever you are at the moment.
      xxx Massive Hugs xxx

  11. To Sir With love – one of my favourites! Keep up the good work/fish feeding/bap eating/Mike missing. Hugs from up here x

  12. I love playing cards, especially crib. It’s been years since I play whist but we used to do a tournament with it, although I can’t remember all the details. Know that you are never alone David. Hugs. Thank you for sharing your week. I love the good oldies you posted. Some I haven’t listened to in years. Have a great week. A Hug for whenever you are feeling lonley. 🙂

    • Hello Maggie. Crib has been a long time favorite of mine and it’s great that the younger generation are ready to learn it. I’m sure we used to play a tourament with it too with winning partners playing a knock out.
      I’m glad you enjoyed some of the old songs. It’s great to get a reminder sometimes.
      I’ll keep that hug handy all the time thanks. I hope you have a great week ahead of you as well.
      xxx Massive Hugs xxx

  13. Catherine Johnson

    Poor Reuben. I bet Chariots of Fire and Rush Hour II would cheer him up 😉 Take care!

  14. I do hope all is well with your daughter and little Reuben now. I had to look up ricicles…rice krispies! Lmao! I had to laugh at the dream lady being told to take it all off and you’d show her how to user the washer! My man knows NOTHING of the washing machine. If I ever catch him attempting to use it I shall have to cut his hands off…one finger at a time! Loved the Bocelli and Brightman insert. Just watched them recently myself…love her so much…sings like an angel. Glad to know your excursion turned out okay. With good friends like Tariq and his wife to look after you I am sure you were very glad you made the trip. They sound like really nice folks. Just like you! I confess I have gotten hopelessly behind in reading all of the blogs I ‘follow’ that I haven’t been round to see your previous couple of weeks yet. Been having an issue here and there here at home and am trying to catch up. I hope you can forgive me. I’ve left the mouse to do my blog as it is…God forbid I ever let the cat get hold of him or I’d likely lose my audience! The little rascal gets all the love! I need to flip back to the post you made about the children’s book so I can buy a copy now. It’s getting close and my tiniest grandbaby is about to celebrate his 3rd birthday in a couple of weeks…he’s quite special. I shall write about him on my blog soon, if I can manage that without getting too emotional. Enjoy your little Reuben, he is so cute and he will be your treasure and disciple, too. He has a sweet Grandpa in you. Massive hugs from me and for the Mouse too…xxxXXXX CJ XXXxxx

    • Yvonne is much better but poor Reuben is not there yet. Sorry, they used to be Rice Krispies here too years ago.
      Bloody typical of me to end up with a nude beauty and spoil it by not knowing what to do with her. except use the washing machine. I’m a gentleman even in my dreams.
      Now you’ve made the threat to his fingers, there’s no way your fella will ever go near the machine now, I hope you never need him to.
      That’s a particularly nice song by Bocelli/Brightman isn’t it. On her own she can be a bit stiff for me sometimes.
      Tariq and Shella are gems, I’m honoured you should put me in the same category of nice as them but Thank You.
      Don’t worry if you’re a bit behind, you can always catch up sometime or just leave past blogs. We know most people have a life and can’t be here all the time.
      I think Mousie gets his share of love but certainly no more than you so your audience is safe, still keep the cat away though.
      I’ll look forward to hearing about your grandson.3 is a great age when they’re usually walking and talking ten to the dozen.And questions galore.I bet you can raise a few chuckles without getting too emotional, but keep some tissues handy just in case.I hope I enjoy Reuben half as much.
      Thank you again for the huge compliments.
      xxx Massive Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      • You’re so kind. As for my little grandson who’ll be 3…he will never be able to walk or talk. That’s why it is so hard. I have begged God to trade me places with him…to give him at least some chance…God apparently has other ideas, which breaks my heart. He is so very special to me and I do pray daily for some miracle..can never take away Grammie’s hope…nope, no way. Be a sweetheart and point me to the bookseller? Massive hugs…love those whiskers, yes, I do! Throwing in some strokes for those, too. 😉 xxxCJ and Morguiexxx

      • Darling CJ I’m heartbroken for you. I have no idea what the problem is and have no wish to pry but if I prayed, you’d have my prayers. Instead, I send you all the best wishes I can muster and hope a miracle happens for you. I also wish you were neaar enough to be able to accept Hugs from me and a cop of the book which isn’t an ebook yet. Here is the link to the actual book
        Thank you for the whiskery strokes, they’re as appreciated as all the hugs you and Mousie send.
        xxx Stupendous Hugs to you both xxx

      • Thank you David. xxxCJxxx

  15. I thought you’d be saying ‘are we there yet?’ counting the days to Mike’s return. But you are doing fine, and there is so much happening in your week. We took are concerned over the plight of the bees worldwide and enjoy our locals busy in the blooms. Sweet Dorothy’s blooms also touched me – a lovely thought.
    You are saving The Hobbits? We watched #2 on the weekend, but I’ll say nothing.
    Hope you and Reuben and both well 🙂

    • I’ve come close to saying that a few times, but at least I’ve now had my text to let me know he’s safely home. My fingers are crossed that I’ll see him this weekend perhaps.
      The plight of the bees is strange and very serious. Most people don’t understand the importance of the bee in moving pollen around so that things grow. Most think their only job is filling jars of honey.I haven’t seen a bee recently, just wasps, and not too many of those.
      Dorothy’s flowers are doing well. They were a wonderful thought and I told her so on Saturday when I took her some cakes round.
      Yes, a Hobbit day. Ju and I did it with LOTR and it was great.The story flows much better when it seems to be one film. An all day job though.
      Poor Reuben should be rechristened poo Reuben at the moment.I’ll see him today and hope the flow has slowed.
      xxx Massive Hugs xxx

  16. Another very engaging post, though I’m sorry to hear of the troubles in your family.
    xxx Biggest Hugs from me in Australia xxx

  17. Thank you for the warning David – When I open my off shore bank account it will not be in Burkina Faso. Hope your daughter is feeling better!

    • What!! Not even with all the bankers waiting to put untold millions into your account? Yvonne was much better today thank you but the little one is still quite ‘explosive’.

  18. Hi David,
    I love that you include music in your posts, each week i’m wondering what ones we will have. Such a lovely idea and always a good selection.
    How annoying about your dream, but I laughed out loud at the washing machine bit, brilliant.
    So glad you were able to see your friends at the Ivy, good to make the effort sometimes even if it worries you a little.
    I love reading your posts, your writing is so calming and I really enjoy my time when I can sit, relax and read every sentence, so thank you for sharing with us.
    Take care,

    • Hello Kim, the music is really a clever ploy to get people to come back wondering what memories will be roused. I’m glad to see it works.
      About typical of me that my dream never reaches coitus completus, but at least the woman always has clean clothes.. It probably works out that way because I’ve forgotten what to do in real life and in dreams.
      Ha, worries me a little, it scares me half to death. But I am glad I did it.
      You’re such an angel with your compliments that I’m thinking of printing your comments and framing them.. If I hang them everywhere you’ll always make me feel good about myself. No wonder you’re such a good teacher outdoors and fabulous Mum.
      xxx Stupendous Hugs to all xxx

      • Well reading your comments always make my day. Such a great response for a post, and lovely to get such personal feedback and comments. Thank you,

  19. Excellent post. I think it’s time to start the Memoirs.

  20. David, your combination or events and experiences always amazes me, but the music choices this time were superb! I’ve played several of them again and again (I’m in Kansas now, sitting with my mother, and the music is catching her attention and making her smile–so I thank you VERY much). And of course, the pictures of Reuben alone and with you make me smile, too! Hugs!

    • Oh that’s wonderful. I’m so pleased if my choice of music has unlocked a memory somewhere that made her smile. I’m really glad you liked the choices too of course.
      I hope you have a wonderful visit with your Mom.
      Reuben is growing so fast and is keeping me on my toes with his facial expressions and chatter.
      xxx Massive Hugs to you and your Mom xxx

  21. laurie27wsmith

    Perhaps you should get a you tube video going showing the fish and snails what they’re supposed to be doing. The mind is a wonderful thing David, entertaining us at night with lucid dreams, it doesn’t think of the mechanical theatrics required to have a decent pee though. The good thing is you weren’t peeing on your slippers. 🙂 The first few days sounded like the diary of a man on a desert island. Then poor little Rueben getting sick. 😦 I love the Mamas and the Papas, California Dreaming is my favourite of theirs. Stay positive David.
    Hugs from Laurie.

    • I think they know what they’e supposed to be doing Laurie, but they’re getting a perverse pleasure out if not doing it so they can see steam coming from my ears.
      You’re right. I’d love to go for a pee, start then finish but these days it’s all stop, start, stop, start, dribble.
      Ha, I think I felt like that man, totally stranded.
      California Dreaming is my favourite also though there are many of theirs I love. I was surprised how clear the voices of Wilson Phillips were too until I found out who their respective parents were.
      I try to stay positive as much as possible Laurie.
      Stay well please.

      • laurie27wsmith

        Can you imagine the conversation in the tank, ‘C’mon Sid, it’s your turn today. You slide outside and really tick him off.’ The pleasure of old age, nobody said anything about peeing all night did they David? 🙂 At least you weren’t talking to a basketball with a face drawn on it. Looking forward to next week Mate, hugs for you and poor wee Ruben.
        ps. keep the music coming.

      • That’s probably just how the conversation goes and I’ll bet they’re all eager.
        Right, no-one said that bedtime was for 50% sleep and 50% peeing duties. No, I managed without the basketball.
        I’ve got more music on this week and plenty of years still to choose from but a friend suggests I invite all of you to supply a record you’re ttached to which I can put on there as well. She’s made her choice already.
        Cheers Laurie
        Keep well

      • laurie27wsmith

        I’ll put mine in right now David, Born to be wild by Steppenwolf. 🙂
        Talk soon David.

  22. Wow, haven’t seen the Mamas and papas for ages. Nice. So your cough is all better now? Enjoyed the peek into your life as usual, David. Have a grand day! (((HUGS))) Elizabeth

    • It’s really nice to come across nice records you haven’t heard for ages isn’t it. I loved the Mamas and Papas. Well, maybe not quite gone, but definitely on the way Elizabeth.
      I’m glad you enjoyed your peek, it’s nice to be able to share sometimes. My day has been great thanks. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
      xxx Massive Hugs xxx

  23. Have not heard ‘Bus Stop’ for too many years. Thanks! And thanks for stopping by my blog.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.