Sunday 13th Nov.
Whilst it took me a little longer to clear up the mail last night than I’d hoped, I was still in bed and ready to read by 12.15 am. My overhead light had blown ( after about a month) so I left it to cool down and used my lamp to read.
I was up again at 2.47 am and after a visit to the loo logged on to my gmail postbox. Quite a few because of last night’s blog mixing with the normal mail. Because I wasn’t under real pressure I took my time and was clear about 5.30 am, a perfect time to get my meds and breakfast. That took a little longer than expected and when I came back with my coffee it was  06.12 am and the flood gates had opened. What’s more it was still raining.                                                                                                                                                            I worked until 9.10 am when Mike got up ( sorry, I should have warned you, let me help you up again) and was still left with 66 messages when I left to join him in the lounge.

There wasn’t too much time this morning as I reminded him while he drank his coffee. He’d mentioned yesterday that he wanted to look for a specific jumper for his son. Typically he’d mentioned it minutes after we’d left the place they sell that jumper and he’d seen it on sale there weeks ago and we go every week…….are you getting the picture of prevarication here? He agreed we should go on our way to meet Yvonne.                                                                                                                                                                                     We managed to leave the house about 10.00 am and got to the supermarket about 10.15 am. First we went over to the jumpers and for one horrible minute thought we were going to be unlucky. Then he found about four of them buried at the bag of  different design, and they had the right size. We picked that up then collected some bulbs as the main light in my bedroom blew last night. Since I’m using halogen in there now I was surprised it had gone so quickly. Just about a month. If it happens again I’ll change back to the standard.

We got back in the car and headed for Chester. Yvonne texted me and said she’d meet us in town instead of at home so we parked up at about 11.20 am in a spot near to where we were to meet. So lucky to get a town centre spot especially on a Sunday.  We walked to the £ shop where I said I needed and they were there to meet us. I mentioned going to a new shop yesterday morning, one of the things I bought was a really good sizes hessian shopping bag that looked top quality. I like it so much I decided to buy another couple today as I’d used mine to stick Yvonne’s crackers and something else in. We managed to find 3 so I took them all. Yvonne needed another shop so I took Mike in to the shop I got my jacket and chino’s in to show him what was on sale. We agreed to meet up at Noon outside the place we were eating. We were just entering there when my phone beeped with a text, we saw Yvonne and Reuben just as I read “Turn left we’re in the first room”. Lunch wasn’t too bad at all today and my sausages were safe as Yvonne was sharing her burger with Roobs.

After lunch Yvonne wanted to show me the dinner service she wanted which was currently at half price. It was only done in a set of four place settings. Just imagine the arguments that ensued if you can as we both said we were buying  them, and I got two boxes in the trolley and Yvonne chose matching place mats , coasters and a teapot. She was adamant she was using birthday money when I knew there wasn’t enough left after buying some boots. So as per bloody usual at the till I’m trying to pay cash and snatch Yvonne’s card to stop he using it. I think I’m doing OK until suddenly Mike enters the fray and tries to put his card in. There’s a whirl of arms and legs as we battle it out. Somehow Yvonne won because the woman wouldn’t take cash with a card in the slot. Personally I think it was just women supporting women and a need ti get us out of the shop since we weren’t the cabaret. I managed to give Yvonne enough money to pay for half so I counted it as a partial victory.

We took everything to Yvonne’s house so that we could also collect some gifts for Mujo who said they were visiting tomorrow though judging by the fact they haven’t been in touch tonight to confirm, must be off. That’s OK as I’ll see Lis now. Once the gifts were wrapped and ready we headed for home. We sat together for a while before it was time for Mike to go, about 4.00 pm. The moment I’d closed the door I had to come to work. I was horrified by what was waiting  and I remembered Mike saying “When there’s that much, just delete it all, tomorrow is a new day”. Fortunately I also remembered he says lots of daft things so I just got stuck in. At about 7.00 pm I wandered through to see Joey and have a sandwich ( not chicken with him in the room). I had an individual trifle and a piece of chocolate cake,all suitable for diabetics of course.  I’d stuck the TV on and there was a vampire type thing on which I’m sure there have been follow ons to. I wasn’t following the story but kept seeing this young mas zipping through the trees with someone on his back after introducing her to his family who I’m guessing were all vampires, though possibly goodies. I fell asleep. It lasted less than half an hour but I knew I’d have to move soon if I were to finish tonight. Somehow I was there till 9.00 pm talking to Joey. I wished him goodnight, tookmy tabs then came back through.

It’s now 12.07 am and I’m only just coming to an end. Still nothing from MuJo.

Ready for bed.

Ready for bed.

Monday 14th Dec.

I got to bed finally at 12.30 am last night, I only read for half an hour though. The evening was long and I was tired. I remember being awake for a while trying to find a comfortable on the pillow. I was aware of a waking dream starting which involved motorcycles. I’ve no idea why since I know nothing about them and don’t have an interest in them neither. But Ju did so maybe this was her dream.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I woke again at 2.21 am for a trip to the loo but knew I wasn’t up to stay. I slept again but woke at 2.53 am for the last time. Since there was no need of another loo trip I powered up the computer and logged on. By 4.20 am my post box was empty though mail was still coming in and needed constant attention. Mike had left the idea of decorating the hallway from the front door in fairy lights so I tried that with the small led’s I’d bought recently. It’s an area of darkness after you leave the bedroom, especially if you don’t  want to turn the lounge light on. I wasn’t too keen on the lights up and I had the runway lights Mike had put up the other day though I didn’t have the remote. So, no decoration, but functionality reigns. Anyway the runway lights keep my face in darkness and let the world see I still have a pert bum.

I went for breakfast and tablets at 5.30 am I had some toast using the new bread I got Saturday when mine wasn’t available. It was very crunchy. They call it farmhouse bread and I think they left the walls in. I made myself a coffee and took it back to my room. I was just in time to see the new post coming in. There was a van and some little postman with a smirk on his face was just throwing sacks on the ground and then he roared off. I thought that was it until I saw him drive up again and repeat the process. I’m putting virtual tacks on the ground tomorrow. I so wish I could go back to instant instead of daily notifications.                                                                                                                    I nipped back to the kitchen and put the washer on then made a start. At 9.45 am I went through to put the now dried (ha ha, not today it wasn’t) on the airer then I got dressed and went to the Post Office to send a card to Germany. The postmistress Rosetta was there and I thanked her for her kindness with the cakes. She said she’s baking again on Saturday and will include some for me. The spirit of Christmas is alive and well.

Back at home I did without my house progamme and carried on working. I could hear Joey chirping away so he must have expected the music. I took 5 minutes to go and talk to him.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Bev, the warden came early today at 10.30 am so I was able to give her a card and her chocolates for a change. Had MuJo been coming I’d usually have missed her. There was a ring at the doorbell and it was Lis so as she came in Bev made her escape (Foiled again). How wonderful to see Lis who’s proved a great friend this last 10 years or so. I caught up on all the family news until midday she made to go. ( And foiled yet again). She left my card and gift for me which I placed under the tree. I gave her the birthday card and gifts to carry and said I’d carry the Christmas gifts for her and Charlie to the car. I waved as she left.                                                                                                                              Despite the interruption to work I didn’t return straight away choosing to see to my lunch instead. I fully intended to return to work at 1.00 pm. That was thwarted when I fell asleep just before the end of the auction on Bargain Hunt. I stayed asleep until 2.05 pm and knowing my Australian Doctor mystery was on next I stayed there. It was 3.10 pm before I went back to work.

It wasn’t a wise move to have been away so long as I swear that evil little man had returned again in my absence. It took me until 5.45 pm to get clear so I could watch what was left of my quiz. I was out of my room until 9.10 pm after deciding it was as late as I dared leave it tonight. But when I came through, things weren’t as bad as I expected for a change and I was able to make quite a dent in it until 10.30 pm when I started this post. I can clear up any odd ones after this and leave nothing. Of course there will be more in the morning but I’m out so won’t get much done until I’m back.

Time for Daddy.

Time for Daddy.

Tuesday 15th Dec.

I was in bed for midnight  with no mail outstanding. I managed to finish my current book and went to choose a new one which necessitated clearing an Everst sized mountain of gifts from in front of the bookcase and then rebuilding it after the book was chosen. When I got back to bed I decided not to start the new one but get some sleep before today’s outing. My light went off at 12.50 am.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I struggled to get to sleep but eventually did so. I woke up this morning at 2.12 am feeling quite chipper and sleep satisfied. I know when I’ll be able to nod off again and that wasn’t the time. I powered up the computer and logged  on to my gmail steadily reducing the amount of mail in my post box. Funnily enough, by 3.30 am I was yawning  but  didn’t dare lie down in case I slept past my bus departure time.Within half an hour I had my second wind anyway. ( Don’t worry, no-one had to put me over their shoulder and burp me).

At 4.30 am to fight off the next wave of tiredness I went to the kitchen to take my meds and have some breakfast. Kellog’s Cornflakes today ( Fees for product placement direct to my paypal a/c please Kellogs). I’m using the individual portion boxes to make sure I don’t overdo the eating, it’s lucky I find the milk quite filling. When I came back with my cuppa there weren’t too many emails so I was able to do a search for another watch since one of those I bought for my nieces has proved to be less brand new than was advertised and sold. My own fault that I left feedback on it before starting it going. The second hand doesn’t work and the jeweler Mike took it to yesterday said the innards are wrong. It’s very rare I have a problem with anyone on ebay but why choose a time when I needed a gift? I’m annoyed, but mainly with myself. I’m going to buy one new and this one when repaired will be a spare for me. I have to find the best Rotary or Seiko watches bargains now. I want both girls to have a good quality watch to fall back on as well as getting them a good prezzie.

Some big firms do special offers via the ebay pages do I managed to find a few to go for tonight at 7.55 pm. I turned my thoughts back to the post and had cleared last night’s nicely in time for the new ‘dump’ at 6.10 am It trickled through at first, just 20 or so but by the time I was half way through it was on 54 and then 87. When 7.20 am arrived and I was due to leave the house it was at a level where I didn’t want to leave the house.                                                                                                                                                              I was at the bus stop in plenty of time as I wasn’t sure if the new driver would hand around. I got my seat OK and after about 10 seconds he drove off before I was even sitting down. I’m not sure the lady in the seat behind would have welcomed me on her lap so I was grasping for the uprights to stay in place. I swung round and sat as soon as I’d got the crutches off my arms.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       As usual the journey went quite quickly as I dozed and it was just good luck that I woke for the right stop as Yvonne wasn’t there to stop him running away with her Dad. I’m assuming she would have stopped him?  I walked up to meet her and was approaching the shop they sometimes go in if they’re early when I heard a voice. Yvonne, on her own was beckoning me from the other side of the road. OK ladies, get your tissues handy. It seems Roobs is ill, shivering and flu like. So is his dad who is staying off work so Yvonne had left the two of them together to come out with me. She didn’t want to stop me coming and spoil my day. I have to say, we shopped in an atmosphere of calm. We even managed after more than two years to visit The Rows which are an upper level of shops in the black and white old timbered buildings. It’s very difficult to get up there with a pushchair so it’s been largely ignored. We had a nice breakfast in a cafe called Ruben’s.

When  it was time to catch my bus I was carrying very little but I’d enjoyed the morning. I said goodbye to my baby and boarded…..safely this time. Like earlier I nodded on the way home. I was awake at Holywell and as we started the hill then I must have gone again. Had the bus not juddered at he right time I might have missed my stop here too and that would have meant an agonising walk up a very steep hill from their depot, or waiting until the next bus was due out.                                                                               Pauline’s was my destination, I thought I could do it and still make it home in  time for a wee. I almost bought my TV mag until I remembered I’d bought the Christmas double edition last week. I got a chips with curry sauce and some cigarettes and left.                                                                                                                                                                                    I made it home and poor Joey had to wait a bit longer to get out. As I’d predicted to Yvonne, he wouldn’t talk to me at first. But, as I jabbered at him from the kitchen he warmed up a bit. I had my lunch just listening to him then once I’d washed up came through to work. Only till 3.15 pm though so just about one and a half hours worth. Once Dr Blake’s mysteries were over I returned here and stayed until 6.30 pm when the mail was finally cleared. I went through and put the TV on again for Joey while I got myself a yoghurt and a bit of cake for tea. He dive bombed me a couple of times but didn’t land so my food was safe. I stayed and watched a couple of historical things then wished Joey goodnight at 9.00 pm and took my meds before coming through.

There was plenty of mail again but not a scary amount. I was done by 10.15 pm and ready to start the blog. It’s back to ebay after this. No Reuben pictures until  he’s well again I’m afraid.

Wednesday 16th Dec.

What a weird night. Bed at midnight, light off at 1.00 am. Up again at 2.00 pm.I  sat with a cigarette and was sure the sleeping wasn’t over yet. Another try and it was 5.45 am before I roused. That’s almost hibernation for me. After a trip to the loo I couldn’t go back to my room straight away because of the time. I needed some breakfast and my meds. Once the duties were done it was back to my room with a coffee. An eye opening, brain reacting, system shocking coffee.

I powered up and had logged on about 5 minutes before reaching the room. Coffee lets you time travel. What it can’t do however is the bloody post on your behalf. 126 there now and I just know there’s more to come. I made a start. Every time I did three, two more would arrive to replace them. By 9.55 am I was still at it and hadn’t had chance to get dressed yet. It was the next thing I did before going through to let Joey out and put Homes Under The Hammer on the TV. The moment I did that, the postie came and delivered some CD’s I’d ordered. I was checking the rest of my uninteresting mail and hanging up some lovely Christmas Cards while trying to keep up with the houses.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Joey occupied much of my attention for  few minutes sitting atop his cage going up and down like a demented spring and giving someone a real tongue lashing. I don’t think it was aimed at me as I had the less attractive end of his body to face. Perhaps it was to that very aggressive bird he keeps meeting in the mirror. He settled down, did a circuit of the room neatly parting my hair in the middle and went to attack the millet in his cage.                                                                                                                                                      At 11.00 am I returned to work in the hope of clearing the decks before lunch. I did it with minutes to spare. At midday I turned the microwave to my latest culinary delight. Cottage pie. I watched Bargain Hunt and tried to pay attention but I faded towards the end. What a shame it didn’t last as I was awake again at 1.10 pm.

I worked on new stuff and also tried to get into my talktalk account. It said my password or sign in was wrong which was amazing as it’s the same as yesterday. I may pay talktalk for my phone but I get the impression they don’t like me at all. I’ve no ebays until tomorrow as I’ve been unsuccessful so far. I don’t care what it takes, I’ll do it. I just daren’t leave it too long to allow for delivery. At 2.15 pm I broke off to see Dr Blake in action and converse with the bird again. He was in a better mood. I reurned to work  at 3.10 pm and managed to clear the post for 4.00 pm. I spent a while on ebaystill looking for this watch then at 4.30 pm I went through to the lounge, turned the TV on and the landing lights in the hall ready for Dil’s arrival.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          He arrived about two minutes later and as I was in the process of preparing his mug, I just carried on to make the tea and letting him think I’m psychic. We watched Flog It while we chatted and he spoke about taking me to see Lee next Wednesday to deliver prezzies. He’s off during the day. He also mentioned perhaps going to get some Titterton’s pies that morning. That could be lunch taken care of.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        After we’d seen our Pointless , out came the games table and out came the Yahtzee. I don’t know how it happened , as he was getting Yahtzees, but I won four games of the six. In an effort to give him chance to even up we played again. It happened I won four of the six there two. It was a resounding victory but while I did the victory dance, he threw the papers in he bin to obliterate the evidence. So, I  realise it’s hard but you’l have to take my word for it. Anyway, isn’t it said that the victors write the history?

The Trivial Pursuit came out next. I made short work of getting all my segments which didn’t please Dil but as I was trying to get to the centre and answer a question of his choice he was catching up. In the end as 9.30 pm approached I asked him an easy question so the game would have a winner. All the time I knew that if we’d carried on I would probably have won from all the cards I’d memorised. Oops, did I say that out loud.                                                                                                                                                                      Once Dil had gone I tidied up and washed the pots. I took my meds and also locked Joey’s cage with a little promise of seeing him in the mornin Then it was time to come through and start on the mail for a time and then at 10.30 pm do the blog post. I still can’t get into TalkTalk and they’ve now suspended me for getting it ‘wrong’ ten times. Looks like a midnight tonight and I feel like a good sleep is due. Fingers crossed.

Thursday 17th Dec.

I got to bed at midnight. Having said last night I felt I needed a good sleep, I only bread until 12.30 am. My head was quite muzzy so I grabbed 2 headache tablets, turned the light off and settled down. I was quickly asleep lying on my right side as usual. I woke at 2.02 am with backache so after a trip to the loo and a cigarette I decided to try sleeping on my other side. No problem getting off there either. I woke at 3.59 am with the same backache and hoped being upright might help. Overnigfht I developed a cough. I know it’s not flu as I’ve had the jab so maybe it’s bronchitis. It’s been a while.

I logged on and went to the bank to see my Pension is there. It was but the balance is lower than expected. All my bills seem to have been coming out just recently. Once I’d checked it I could leave and go to my gmail account. Not too bad at 37 which was enough to occupy me until 6.00 am when I went to get my meds. I know what will await me on return but here’s nothing I can do about it.If any day needed to be kind to me om numbers, this is the day. I  felt lousy as I returned to my room, he damage was done but it was faint compared to  usual lying as it   was in the early sixties. I did a few and the numbers actually went down. As much as I could concentrate I concentrated on them. I finished about 8.45 am. Time to get dressed and go out to Pauline’s.                                                                                                                                                                                            That was really hard work and I was gasping for air when I got back.I had to sit down for a while. Joey didn’t mind.

I made Mike’s bed with some difficulty. It  took me over half an hour. Then grateful that it was time for Homes Under The Hammer so I could just fall into a chair. After that at 11.00 am I went back to the computer to play catch up until about midday. I didn’t feel like lunch just then so I sat in my chair and next thing I know it’s 1.15 pm and I’m just waking up. I did an hour on my mail then went back  to see Dr Blake. I still didn’t feel like  eating but I put something in the micro so I could have my second set of diabetic tablets.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             When Dr Blake had solved his latest mystery I left the  TV on for Joey and returned to work. I was clear by 4.50 pm and decided to get my new bedding out. When I’d done so I hadn’t the energy just then to do anything about it. I have no idea what-if anything- I did between 5 p m – 7 pm I’m fairly sure no quizzes were involved. I decided to try and do my bed. A text from Mike to say he’s on his way and I just said “I may be in bed, you know where everything is.” He should be here about 9.00 pm ish. By 7.30 pm  I’d made the bed and was ready to collapse into it. So I did. Mike arrived at 8.45 pm and I roused slightly but he wouldn’t let me do his drink, insisting I stay in bed. That wasn’t too difficult.

See you all tomorrow.

Friday 18th Dec.

I know Mike was very good and fussed over me but to be honest I couldn’t focus very well last night. This morning there’s no inclination  to move at all so I’m not going too. I was awake at 1.30 am,2.25 am and 3.10 am though. No mail and I’m not going to let it panic me. No food because I just don’r feel like eating. Mike let Joey out before he left and will lock him up once he’s home. I tried to sit in front of the TV but just fell asleep so I’ve gone back to bed for the day. Sorry folks, normal service resumed ASAP. Mid-morning I had to get up to answer texts on my phone so while up I tried to do a little mail. That earned me  headache and future lessons in spelling. I did manage to get a couple of more important ones away which was good. I had a text from My great niece to say she ‘s coming up to see her father and will try and call on me on the way provided she feels confident with given directions. To be honest I wouldn’t trust me either.

Reuben gets Monster Hugs

Reuben gets Monster Hugs

Saturday 19th Dec.

I’m so sorry. Today is day 3 in my death bed scene and right now I’d hasten the end if only the insurance company wouldn’t look so askance at it . The world is drained of joy except for a few high spots, You know who you are, thank you. Food isn’t welcome and shops are going bust ( especially those that sell chips in curry sauce for some reason). On the other hand I haven’t been able to do much wrapping to help my poor brudder out so there is  plus side.

Tomorrow  I have visitors come to make sure the will is up to date so I must look   pale and wan and cough daintily. If I have anything left after that I’ll beg for permission to come online. I’m sure the antibiotics and steroids will have kicked in by then.

Reuben's Monster giggles

Reuben’s Monster giggles

Have a Wonderful New Week full of Hugs and Dreams come true.





Filed under Uncategorized

58 responses to “Hibernation

  1. Are you feeling better now? Did the meds help? I hope so, you need some good hot soup, some tea and a nice hot bath. I hope you are better soon, I can’t believe Friday is Christmas. Take care of yourself, rest and eat well and please get some sleep. A very Merry Christmas my dear friend.

    • Hi Suzanne,the meds haven’t helped yet but I’m sure they’re getting there. I was hoping you’d offer the soup, and offer the tea and then all of a sudden my mind blew before I got further.I remembered you only need say, “You know where the tin opener id, you know where the teabags are ” and I was crushed.
      Friday is just no distance at all .I wish you much happiness of the holiday and hope you get everything you want.
      xxx Massive Hugs xxx

  2. Hi David. Thanks for bringing us along on another week. Joey seems to forgive you quickly. Crystal wasn’t terribly slow to forgive me for having the vet out Monday… but that’s because the little devil escaped and didn’t get her exam (though it still cost me $100…). She won’t be quick to forgive when the vet is back next week. Hopefully my feline escape artist doesn’t get lose this time!
    It’s a delight to hear about your battles over who will pay. 😀
    However, I’m very sorry you aren’t feeling well. It sounds miserable. Please take good care of you and get well quick. Mega holiday hugs. ❤

    • Hello Teagan, thanks for joining me yet again. Joey has to forgive me, I’m his only source of food. What a little devil Crystal is. The Houdini of the cat world. You’ll have to shut off all bold holes next time. Don’t you have a solid travel basket you can confine her in before the vet arrives? Oscar always knew what his meant and it was often a wrestling match.
      Sometimes we could charge for seats at one of our ‘Who’s paying’ gigs.
      Don’t worry about me, the antibiotics and the steroids will kick in eventually and see this off. Serves me right for being so cocky about getting away without it this year instead of being in hospital.
      I shall be careful and be on the mend soon.
      xxx Monster Hugs xxx ❤

  3. Speaking of Mt Everest-like mountain of Christmas gifts you needed to conquer in order to fetch a new book to read just as well the new book wasn’t titled “Into Thin Air” (?), David – for that would be a cruel irony from my end given that I often feel the sizable amounts of money I spend on Christmas gifts at times feel as though the money disappeared into thin air – when I feel the gift wasn’t as “right” as I thought it would be 😦

    Hope you feel better now and that your appetite grows to a gently rapacious level for that is what a Christmas Day feast needs! Have a beautiful, healthy and best Christmas Day and a wonderful festive season David. Many hugs, big and small!

    • There does seem to be a special place for Christmas funds to disappear into that’s never again accessible .I bet a book called ‘Thin Air’ wouldn’t know but ‘Rarified Air’ might.
      We’ve left it too long to book a Christmas dinner out so I may yet be reduced to cooking something……. clear the streets.
      I wish you a wonderful Festive Season and a Sensational New Year.
      xxx Hugs Galore xxx.

  4. Sorry you’re sick David. I hope you’re feeling a hundred percent and zooming around chop chop. Loads of love and bajillions of HUGS. ❤ XXXXX

    • Thanks so much Jo. Boosts like this are bound to improve things for me though zooming around may be asking a bit much in my case.
      I wish you Wonderful Christmas full of all the love you can use (plus a bit more)
      xxx Hugs Unlimited xxx ❤

  5. I’m so sorry you’ve become ill, especially so near Christmas. You got quite a bit accomplished before you became ill though, and Mike was good to help. It’s a shame you now have a bus driver who’s careless when he starts up. I would think they go through training, but he must have forgotten what he was taught. If he keeps that up, someone may report him and it’ll go on his record. I hope Reuben and his dad are better.Take care and get sufficient rest. Happy Christmas and Huge Hugs. 🙂 — Suzanne

    • Thanks Suzanne, I thought I’d done quite well and I’m not getting better till Mike’s done the rest (he he). I think the bus driver may have been a bit timetable anxious but I will remind him if he does it again.
      I’m sure Ugo and Roobs are better but to be honest I feel awful as I haven’t even asked. I’ll be careful and try for rest.
      I wish you the happiest of Christmases.
      xxx Massive Hugs xxx 🙂

  6. Sorry you’re ill, David. I hope you have a terrific Christmas anyway!

  7. Why does germ warfare always seem to strike just as we want to be at our best? Hopefully a good dose of drugs will force you to get more than 1 hour’s uninterrupted sleep which will repair and restore those bronchial passages. I wish you a return to solid health and every happiness for the holidays, and feel quite sure you’ll be a lively, jolly Father Christmas in time for Boxing Day. Biggest bises mon ami! xoxo

    • Serves me right Mel for being so cocky thinking I’d got away with it this year. But at least it’s not in hospital this time. I’m sure the meds will have me back on track for Boxing day when it’s the exchange of gifts with my daughter and family and my special nieces.
      Fingers crossed now that’s not the day Yvonne is taken in to have the baby.At least not until she’s had her prezzies.
      Have a Wonderful Time and get all the things you want.
      xxx Massive Hugs and Kisses xxx

  8. So sorry to hear you’re so unwell. Vicks chest rub? Hot chicken soup? I’d make some and send it to you but it might be a bit moldy by the time it arrived. 😦

  9. My nephews and nieces – as is usual – gave me no inspiration or guidance in re presents for the very young great-nephews and great-nieces, so I’ve bought them all beer, air-rifles and a trombone each. Should be fun.

    • I should have done that for my great grand nephew but all I could think of was a drum set., Your gifts show much more thought applied. After the beer is drunk the cans will be perfect targets, and the trombone, that’s just icing on the musical cake.
      Hugs Ian.

  10. My headphones were broken tonight, so I will need to come back to hear the music this week (it’s 3:30 a.m. here). The Boston and ELO were great pics this week! I’m not sure about coffee not being able to write the post. Either I am writing this in my sleep or the coffee is doing it for me. I hope the meds kick in and you are able to feel more comfortable soon. I finish my shopping later today. I’d do well on my budget if it weren’t for grandchildren. They’ve been circling me like a bunch of Who’s round a Christmas tree. Have a wonderful week, David. Hugs, Laine 🙂

    • You may regret any decision to get your headphones mended for this week Laine..You obviously have your coffee better trained than I do but as I only have one a day ( unless I’m out) I don’t have chance.
      I’m sure the meds are kicking in thank you.
      Well done if you did finish your shopping. Not an easy task. You’re not going to pretend you wouldn’t spoil the grandchildren if they weren’t there…… that won’t fly.
      I wish you the most Wonderful Christmas ever.
      xxx Gigantic Hugs xxx

  11. So sorry to read that you’re feeling so sick. Hope you’re feeling better soon!
    Here’s a song to cheer you. It’s from your Afro years, I think. (No one will read this, don’t worry.) Gigantic Hugs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtSQFewjDD0

    • I’m sure I’ll be well again before Mike can finish the mince pies on his own Merril. Thank you for the song, they were a group I was fond of though I haven’t heard that one before. Northern Lights is my all time favourite. I’m so glad that no-one else could see it was a 1977 afro song.
      Have a Wonderful Christmas,
      xxx Ginormous Hugs xxx

  12. Make sure you’re back on form for ‘C’ Day—I’m sure your help is going to be needed containing Reuben’s excitement. Get well soon xxx

  13. I send you only good thoughts your way, David, to get better. We all love you! xoxo

  14. I hope you’ll be feeling a bit better by the time you read this. Several blogger friends are down with the flu, so I’m not surprised but hope it doesn’t keep you down long.
    It looks like I’ll be coming to Wales in January for a few days so… I’m looking forward to that. 🙂

    • Well, this certainly took me up a few notched thanks Olga. I hope your friends with the flu soon get over it. Just make sure you don’t come down with anything please. Nothing stops me bouncing back.
      Oh wonderful, what part of Wales, North by any chance this time?
      Have a Wonderful Christmas
      xxx Uncountable Hugs xxx

  15. Poor you . You need to take care. Christmasvis too close and you need to be tip top for all your public. Holiday hugs

  16. Oh no David, I’m so sorry to her you aren’t well, especially now, since you enjoy the holidays so much. Massive healing hugs. 🙂
    Hope Roobs is feeling better too. 🙂
    Thank you for bringing us along on your week, despite everything, I hope this week treats you well, definitely better than the last. 🙂
    Merry Christmas, dear David! Happy Holidays to you and yours and all the best for 2016!!! 🙂
    Massive holiday hugs!!! 🙂

    • Hello Darling Donna, don’t worry about me, I had my pleasure out of the holiday shopping for the gifts. But the Healing Hugs are very welcome.
      Roobs has bounced back, probably with a vengeance thank you.
      I can’t complain really, there are swings and roundabouts to everything. I’ve had my swings recently so this is just balance.
      I wish you the Happiest Christmas Ever and may 2016 fulfill all your dreams.
      Hugs Unlimited ❤

  17. Hi there, David, Sending get-well wishes your way. You better believe Yvonne would stop that bus if it didn’t stop. I’m a daughter, so I know these things. I hope she doesn’t catch what Reuben and Daddy had. Feel better, my friend. Happy Hugs for the upcoming holiday.

    • Thanks so much Mary J . I wouldn’t want to be the bus driver that tried to run away with her Dad. She’s safe from catching anything from Roobs now ( I hope) and she couldn’t catch my bronchitis. But I don’t want her to catch anything with just 10 days before the baby is due.
      I hope you have a Wonderful Christmas and take the world by storm in 2016.
      xxx Gigantic Hugs xxx

  18. You need a Monster Hug to get up and running for the holidays, David. If Reuben will lend you his, then could I be next in line? 😉
    I’m wishing you a joyous, healthy holiday, and sending you bushels and pecks of love and hugs! ~ Marylin

    • You’re an angel Marylin, you can move to the front of the queue anytime.
      I wish you your Happiest Holiday ever. May it be filled with dreams come true and love round every corner. May all your memories be fresh and new ones made.
      xxx Humongous Hugs from Wales.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ❤

  19. Wow, that little guy just keeps getting cuter and cuter, David. I wanted to stop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas. I hope all your dreams and wishes come true and my wish for you this holiday season and the New Year is good health, joy, peace, and lots of warm squishy HUGS. Here’s a few from me. (((((((HUGS))))

    • Thank you so much Elizabeth.This is a delightful surprise to start my day.
      I wish you the Happiest of Christmases and a New Year full of new starts and life’s surprise Hugs.
      I wish you health, wealth and happiness in equal measure and
      xxx Hugs Unlimited xxx
      Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda. ❤

  20. So sorry you are feeling unwell 😦 Sending you many hugs! Myself was in bed with flu most of the week, and it is the best we can do – stay in bed. Merry Christmas to you! Warmest wishes and more hugs! xxxxxxxx

    • Thanks so much Inese. This is an annual event so I’m well used to it now. Dec/Jan I seem most prone to it. I hope you’re recovered from the flu which must have been awful.I know it’s debilitating so bed was the best place.
      Have a Wonderful Christmas full of gift delights and family Hugs.
      xxx Hugs Galore and a Fantastic New Year ahead of you xxx

      • Yes, for me it is an annual event too. Flu hits me every Nov/Dec with annoying regularity. Staying in bed for at least three days pays off, as I have learned, so I stay.
        Sending you an avalanche of hugs and good wishes for 2016! xxxx

  21. Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. I hope you’ll feel better soon.
    All the Best from South Wales and huge hugs! ❤

  22. It’s great to hear that you get out a lot each week. Sounds like always a bit of an adventure. 🙂 Get better. Didn’t you get the memo this isn’t the time of year to get sick. Feel better soon. Many hugs. It sounds like Joey might be picking up a bit of attitude? Hmmm where would he get that? 🙂
    Many hugs.
    Merry Christmas.

    • My life sounds exciting when I read it and boring when I live it. Does that make me a better writer? The memo arrived late as I was having Microsoft problems, it finally got her but by then I was poorly sick and in need of sympathy, something I clearly wasn’t going to get in this house since as you say Joey has picked up attitude. I can only imagine he reads some of the comments on my blogs to get that.
      Have a Wonderful Christmas Maggie.
      xxx Massive Hugs xxx

  23. I hope that you are on the mend by now, David. It takes time..
    xxx Massive Hugs xxx

  24. Ali Isaac

    Oh no! You sound really poorly! Either that, or your going to desperate lengths to get out of wrapping all the presents…

    It’s Christmas night as I read this, and I’m really hoping you recovered in Time for the Big Day. Take care of yourself, David. Happy Christmas. Huge holiday hugs to you. Xxx

    • I think I’m over the really poorly stages now Ali, and no, it didn’t get me out of wrapping prezzies though I tried my best. Only just made it before Christmas Day started though so next ear I’ll start earlier, about Jan 1st I think. I’m refusing to be ill next year too. Point blank, foot down with a firm hand kind of thing.
      Hope you all had a Wonderful Christmas Day.
      xxx Massive Hugs xxx

      • Ali Isaac

        Thats the spirit, David, or as they say over here, thats the stuff! We did have a lovely day thanks, hope you did too. Glad to hear you’re starting to feel better… but what about little man Rubes?

      • I’ll see Roobs this morning. We had Christmas day in our own places so he’ll get another Christmas thisway.

      • Ali Isaac

        Two Christmases… watch out, he’ll be thinking that’s tradition and expecting it every year lol! Enjoy the day! Xxx

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.